Bill Gates returned to the first order list Most Wealthy People in the United States 2012
September 20, 2012 2 Comments
He has held the first position of the richest in the world over 14 times each year in a row, since 2010, his position was taken over by telecom entrepreneur Carlos Slim Helu Mexico origin, into second place.
This time Forbes 400 back placing himself, especially to the United States, became the richest man in the United States with a fortune of 66 billion U.S. dollars, up 10 percent over last year.
Amazingly wealth Gates no longer rely on the stocks of Microsoft, the software company he founded with his friend in his college career, Paul Allen.
Microsoft is only one-fifth or 20 percent of the value of Gates assets. Gates greatest wealth comes from investment company called Cascade Investment LLC, based in Kirkland, Washington DC, not far from the headquarters of Microsoft.
Through Cascade, Gates became the largest shareholder of Republic Services (16 percent of the Republic worth 2.2 billion U.S. dollars), the company that operates 334 waste collection companies, 191 landfills and 74 recycling facilities. This year, the value of Republic stock has gone up 3 percent.
Gates also increases equity stake in the network of automotive dealerships, AutoNation, the company operates 258 dealership franchises, especially in Southeast Asia, to 17 percent. This share value reached 680 million U.S. dollars. This year, the stock has soared 13 percent AutoNation.
Gates also has a stake in Ecolab, the company is a supplier of cleaning tools, Gates has a stock of 1.8 billion U.S. dollars.
Here are 10 of the richest people in the United States from 400 people listed in the Forbes 400:
1. Bill Gates (founder of Microsoft) 66 billion dollars
2. Warren Buffett (Berkshire Hathaway Chairman) 46 billion dollars
3. Larry Ellison (Oracle CEO) 41 billion dollars
4. Charles Koch (owner and chief executive of Koch Industries) 31 billion diversified
4. David Koch (Owner and Executive Vice-President of Koch Industries) 31 billion diversified
6. Christy Walton & family (heirs of Wal-Mart) 27.9 billion U.S. dollars
7. Jim Walton (Wal-Mart heir) 26.8 billion U.S. dollars
8. Alice Walton ((heir to the Wal-Mart) 26.3 billion U.S. dollars
9. S. Robson Walton (Wal-Mart heir) 26.1 billion U.S. dollars
10. Michael Bloomberg (founder and owner of Bloomberg) 25 billion dollars
(Source Forbes, E Djumena-Bisnis Kompas /Image billgatesstrategies.com)